Hello! I’ll be taking a short break from blogging during this holiday season.
Your support has been AMAZING this year.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I’m looking forward to another great year of style with you.
I wish you a blessed and wonderful holiday season!
Before I go, here’s how I will be enjoying my break…
1. Prayer and Meditation. I start and end my day with prayer and meditation.
God and my faith are at the core of all that I do.
2. Community Service. I usually like to get involved on my own or with my sorority sisters. My time was spent with some wonderful seniors yesterday. We enjoyed games, food, getting to know them and some Christmas caroling. Another favorite activity is to participate in feeding needy families. Tis’ the season to give your heart and time to someone in need.
3. Celebrating Love. I’ll be attending a friend’s wedding and celebrating the love that they have found. I hope that you find love this season and beyond.
4. Disney World. A day at Disney World with my family is on the agenda. We are all so excited! Just some wholesome fun that my nieces and nephew can build memories from. Hello, Minnie, can I borrow that dress?!
5. Baking & Decorating Cookies. This has become an easy tradition for me and it’s always best when shared. I’m going to probably eat more gingerbread cookies than I should. Oh well!
6. Some Pampering. This girl needs a great massage. I usually do this on the last day of the year. It gets me all relaxed and ready for the new year.
7. Going to see SELMA. I can’t wait! The cast is phenomenal. I’m ready for this film to get some Oscars. I am very proud of Ava DuVernay for putting this on the big screen. The timing is perfect. This is a recent photo of the cast at a premiere for the film. Good job!
8. Donating. I’ve already started putting some items aside to donate to those who are less fortunate. Dress for Success is usually my charity of choice but I will also be making a stop at the Salvation Army.
9. Drinking plenty of Haitian Egg Nog. It’s thick, creamy and loaded with grown up liquor. No holiday is complete for this Haitian gal without this goodness. Yummmm!
10. Parties, parties, and more parties. I’ve been enjoying this for the last couple of weeks and looking forward to a couple more. Cozy, house parties are definitely my favorite. I just prefer an intimate setting to share the Christmas spirit and the hope of all that the new year will offer.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!