Let’s face it, you are your brand.
Here are my 10 style tips below to help you get the job.
*Tips are based on my opinion, but, work every time*
Suit from The Limited
1. The Suit: Choose a well-tailored suit that fits you perfectly. While I don’t believe it needs to be a dark color, I prefer it to be. It’s easy to achieve a nice polished look with a black, navy or dark grey suit.
2. Details: Stay away from showing cleavage. It’s not the time for that. Choose your camisoles and blouses carefully so that they flatter, not flaunt.
3. Hair: Wear hair well groomed and neat. There’s no acceptable hairstyle in my book but whatever you choose, should be neat. Stay away from distracting hair color, styles and hair accessories.
4. Accessories: When it comes to accessories, less is more. Keep it simple. Post earrings or small pearls are usually my recommendations for earrings. One ring is sufficient. Wear a classic watch to pull it all together.
5. Nails: Have well manicured nails. No distracting designs or nail lengths. I like nude & soft shades for interviews.
6. Handbag: Carry a good sized handbag to keep all things together, i.e. keys, phone, pens, mints. It keeps you from looking sloppy with multiple loose items in your hand. Keep it all together.
7. Fragrances: Keep fragrances to a minimum. No overwhelming lotions or perfumes. A couple of sprays of your signature fragrance is more than enough.
8. Makeup: Wear light makeup to simply enhance your beauty. Do not overdo it. I strongly recommend wearing some makeup because you want to present your best, polished look.
9. Skirts: If wearing a skirt or dress, be sure that the length is at your knees or slightly longer. It should never be a mini skirt.
10. Pants: If wearing pants, be sure that the hem is long enough to cover your heel. No short lengths or cropped pants.
Besides being fascinated by style and styling, I’ve worked as a senior Human Resources professional for years. I’m constantly meeting and recruiting professionals. First impressions are lasting ones. Take it seriously.
Need assistance pulling off a polished, professional look? I can help.
See my services, HERE