Before you go on a shopping spree, take some inventory of the treasures you already own. With the changing seasons and everyone trying their best to save money, let’s start where the action is: YOUR CLOSET.
Here are some tips on how to successfully do this:
- Try on all the clothes and shoes that you own. This will require a little bit of time, a full length mirror and total honesty.
- Put aside all of the items that no longer fit, are damaged, or no longer suit your taste. They can be donated to the Salvation Army, Goodwill or at a swap event. Throw away all damaged items.
- Take all of your remaining items to the cleaners for a fresh start.
- Fix heels on your favorite shoes; most cleaners in your neighborhood offer shoe repair services.
- Dust off and clean your accessories. They will feel brand new. Lay them out where they are easily accessible for you to style with your outfits.
- Make a list of items that you need to pair up with your current items, i.e. a black pencil skirt, slacks, or a great pair of jeans.
- Decide on a couple of your favorite stores and purchase those items that you need from #6.
- Enjoy your wardrobe.